Before becoming Jonathan’s affiliate manager, I was a long-time affiliate myself. As a matter of fact, I had sold tens of thousands of dollars of Jonathan’s products alone over the past 8 years. Throughout that time I learned that there were a few things that would, in many cases, multiply my affiliate commissions if put into place properly.
I learned that promoting the EXACT same product to the EXACT same list could result is a handful of sales (literally 5-10) when these things were not put into place and 50, 100 or even a few hundred sales to my little list if they were put into place!
I learned that most Internet Marketers who are on multiple lists (ehhh, every internet marketer on the planet?) become conditioned to ignore certain things and act on other things. So what can you do to make them pull out their credit card and act? Great question, I’m glad you asked.
1. ALWAYS offer something that makes your offer stand out from the standard, public offer! I STILL catch myself doing a promo from time to time where I don’t offer anything special, I just recommend a good product and those promos very rarely do well. I did this very recently for a GREAT product, it didn’t sell well, then I realized, duh I didn’t offer anything that the general public isn’t already being offered.
There are two excellent things that you can do in order to make your offer special:
- Work out a discount with the product owner so you can take care of your people by getting them a lower price. This is usually only possible when you can show the product owner that you are capable of generating a decent number of sales, as allowing ALL affiliates to promote a discount would dilute the value of the product. But if you can get a discount worked out, it can really help sales.
- Offer some sort of a bonus that compliments the product you’re promoting. This can be very powerful. If you notice, many of the biggest names in Internet Marketing do this regularly when they promote big launches. Jonathan has even recently done it with SENuke XCr offering some HIGH value bonuses and is doing well with that offer. I’ve also offered bonuses that go directly with the product. For example, a while back I promoted an SEO product and offered everyone who ordered through my link, my personal, winning SEO blueprint.
2. Think hard about your Subject and angle! This is important. Just imagine sending out an email to your list that says “This is cool, buy it.” Depending on the relationship you have with your list, that might actually work, but in most cases it’s going to result in little to no sales. That’s why you write up a good promo email that explains what it is, why you like it and why you think it will benefit the subscriber. But it goes even further than that. ArticleBuilder (for example) is a great product that produces great content and I believe that is good enough for me to buy it. BUT, there is one angle that affiliates use and it always triggers many more sales and that is by hitting the angle that users can LITERALLY setup an unlimited number of little adsense/affiliate sites using ArticleBuilder and profit from them with less than 10 minutes of work! Now THAT is a powerful angle and it works very well.
3. Use scarcity when possible – This one should come as no surprise, but don’t let it slip your mind when you have a chance to use it! A product that is only available for a certain period of time… a product that is on sale for a certain period of time… a product that only has so many copies available… etc. will almost ALWAYS generate many more sales than a standard product that is always available at the same price. A countdown timer on your landing page is a very effective way to constantly remind people of the scarcity as well.
4. Show personal results when possible – Again, this goes without saying, but don’t let it slip your mind! You should be using any product you promote anyway, but if you’ve gotten good results as a result of using it, be sure to record those results and reveal them! PROVEN results generate LOADS of sales! Proof sells more than anything!
5. Combine all of the above for MEGA success: It’s difficult to find a product where you can do all of the above, but if you can, you will do VERY WELL! If you can’t, which is common as an affiliate because you can’t control everything, it’s not the end of the world. Just try to accomplish as many of these things as possible. In many cases JUST offering a discount or bonus will result in a highly successful promo.
As I mentioned, I’ve successfully used the advice above over the past 8 years in order to generate thousands of affiliate sales promoting Jonathan’s products and others. The more of these things that you can do, the more money you’ll put in your pocket!
And as always, when it comes to promoting any of Jon’s Internet Marketing Products, feel free to contact me at any time via email at josh at jlaffiliates.com I would be glad to help.
To Your Success,